My first day of shooting for my film ‘Jindra’

The story behind my role in Jindra is also quite interesting. As I mentioned earlier my director’s son introduced me to the Punjabi film industry. I was chosen by my director for another film meant for the big screen and I had to play a side role in that film.

It was then that COVID struck and the movie halls were closed. So my first film got shelved before we even started discussing the shooting. Then the director thought of making a film solely for the OTT audience and that is how Jindra was created. In this film I was supposed to play the male lead role and I would be introduced to the Punjabi film audience as Kirandeep Rayat Punjabi actor.

Although I had created many tiktok videos, I had never seen or done a proper film shoot earlier. So when I went to the shooting spot on the day of my first shoot, I was quite intrigued by the ambience there.

There was a lot of scurrying around and the unit was busy setting up the lights and other items meant for the shoot. This is when my makeup artist caught hold of me and started doing my makeup.

I had never worn makeup ever in my life and it was very difficult to sit still while she was busy with my face. The interesting part is that my role of Jassa in his old age in the film was shot earlier due to the difference in length of my beard in both the roles.

So on the first day I was supposed to play the part of old Jassa and this is why my makeup took such a long time. Soon even the never ending make up got over and I could feel the adrenaline rush through my body and my face seemed hot to me.

When the director called for action I immediately fell into the part quite naturally. I thanked God for making me a natural actor and this was how I Kirandeep Rayat became a Punjabi star. The movie did quite well and as mentioned above I got two films based on my role in ‘Jindra’.

Another interesting thing about this role is that I did not take even one rupee from the producer for playing my role in ‘Jindra’. Yes it is amazing but true, my sole interest was in becoming an actor and that too in the lead male role. Money I already was earning well from my business and that was not the interesting part.

I am totally happy and thankful to God for the success of my first film. I am now looking forward to the other two out of which the second film ‘SaunhMitti Di’ will be released in about a couple of months more.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kirandeep Rayat Punjabi Actor

My Experience With The Punjabi Film Industry

What my fans would like to know about my background?