The best is yet to come

I belong to a Sikh Punjabi family and have a family business which is running quite well with the grace of God. I had everything that a person can ask for in a lifestyle. The business was running well and now I even started making TikTok videos which satisfied my urge for acting.

However, I dreamt of the big screen secretly and nurtured a wish to become a name in the punjabi film industry someday. It happened a little late in life, but it took pollywoodin a big stride.

My role asJassa in the film Jindra was that of a village lad and in order to portray the nuances of such a villager I had to work hard to study the culture of that part of Punjab. While preparing for this role, I had to visit Punjab a couple of times. And during the shooting of the film I lived in Punjab for lengthy periods of time.

One thing I wish to share here is that people who know me as Kirandeep Rayat, know me as a foodie. I love to taste different cuisines and try out different dishes. I have eaten in some very good restaurants and of course Punjabi food is cooked atmy home as a norm.

However, when I went to Punjab I ate the simple food of the Punjabi villages. In cannot describe the heavenly taste of this food which is sometimes even now cooked on chulahs. In spite of the fact that the prosperous farmers of Punjab now have gas cylinders and stoves, but some dishes are still made on chulahs.

For instance the Punjabi Makke di Roti is still roasted on chulahs and baiganbharta or kali daal are also made on chulhas. Even the food cooked on gas stoves has a unique flavour that is typical of the Punjabi villages.

Luckily my second film was also based on Punjabi farmers and I got another chance to devour the delicious food of the Punjabi villages. Working in the Punjabi film industry has enriched my life in several ways and I have fallen in love with these villages of Punjab.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kirandeep Rayat Punjabi Actor

My Experience With The Punjabi Film Industry

What my fans would like to know about my background?